Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) Core Satellite, scheduled for launch in 2014. Prof. Petty is a Science Team member for this satellite and is helping to develop the models and algorithms that will be used to retrieve global precipitation from microwave observations from space. (Click to enlarge)
This is the homepage for Grant Petty’s academic website. Here you can find quick links to a variety of useful resources.
News and commentary can be found in my sporadically updated blog (see tab at top).
See the other pull-down menus at the top or the page list in the right sidebar for access to the full hierarchy, which is constantly under construction.
- AOS 100: Weather and Climate
- AOS 330: Physics of the Atmosphere and Ocean I
- AOS 340: Physics of the Atmosphere and Ocean II
- AOS 401: Mountain Meteorology Field Trip
- AOS 630: Introduction to Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics
- AOS 640: Radiation in the Atmosphere and Ocean